Nashville Top Employers
The Nashville region is home to more than 1.5 million people and 40,000 businesses.
Nashville’s advantages have attracted more diverse new business from across the country than any city its size over the past 20 years. Due to this success, Nashville has become a “who’s who” of corporate relocations, home to headquarter offices of HCA, Gaylord Entertainment, Asurion, Bridgestone Americas, Nissan North America and more.
According to the Nashville Chamber of Commerce, Vanderbilt University is the largest employer in Nashville.
Top 25 Employers in the Nashville Area
1. Vanderbilt University & VU Medical Center
2. State of Tennessee
3. U.S. Government
4. Metro Nashville – Davidson County Public Schools
5. St. Thomas Health Services
6. Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
7. Nissan North America Inc
9. Gaylord Entertainment
10. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
11. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
12. Sumner County Government and Public Schools
13. Williamson County Government and Public Schools
14. Rutherford County Board of Education and County Government
15. Dell, Inc.
16. Shoney’s Restaurant Co.
17. Randstad Work Solutions
18. The Kroger Company
20. Department of Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
21. Ingram Industries
24. Middle Tennessee State University
25. Verizon Wireless
Please click here for more information on Nashville’s top employers from the Nashville Chamber of Commerce.