Nashville Highlife-Living on the rise
In the past decade, urban living has taken on new meaning in Nashville. Development has given way to high-rise buildings, contemporary condos and luxurious lofts complete with amenities for home buyers of every type. Here we highlight six contemporary buildings where you can live the high life in the heart of Music City.
The Gulch. We know it as a trendsetting, urban revitalization bridging Nashville’s downtown to midtown and the heart of Music Row. It boasts popular and chic eateries like Sambuca, Watermark, Urban Flats and Cantina Laredo, plus shopping like Urban Outfitters and Bullets & Mullets, and franchise locations of The Turnip Truck organic market and Sweet CeCe’s Yogurt. But the area has also given rise to fine urban living with new architectural wonders The Terrazzo and Icon In the Gulch.
- At 419 condo units, Icon In The Gulch is Nashville’s largest residential building. In addition to a lively, walk-anywhere neighborhood, residents enjoy amenities such as two state-of-the-art fitness studios, a pool with views of downtown, free WiFi in common areas, a lounge featuring multimedia and billiards, on-site retail and more. Concierge service is offered 24 hours per day.
- Just next door to Icon is The Terrazzo, a 14-story mixed-use building providing office, retail and residential space, including 117 condo units boasting more than their share of elegance. “Terrazzo” in Italiano means “terrace” in English, so it’s no surprise that the oversized terraces here are a top selling point, as are the 24/7 concierge service, the access-controlled underground parking, the pool, the enclosed dog walk, the fitness and cardio center and much more.
The trendy way of life continues just blocks from The Gulch. Demonbreun Street. A one-time hotspot for Music Row tourists, where memorabilia, T-shirts and one-hour photo shops used to line the street, is now home to commerce and nightlife geared toward the Nashvillian. The stretch from I-40 to the Musica statue is lined with bars and restaurants where local business folks dine during the day and let loose after hours. These include Dan McGuinness Pub, the Red Rooster, the Tin Roof, Sushiyobi and more. Demonbreun is also where you’ll find Rhythm at Music Row.
- Rhythm at Music Row is characterized by 105 units with varying, beautiful Nashville views, delivered via 10-12’ ceilings and private terraces or balconies attached to each unit. The building affords secured parking, a street-level fitness center, a lushly-landscaped pool deck complete with an outdoor kitchen, and a separate spa deck featuring a ten-person spa.
Are you the type who thrives in the heart of the city? Do you want to be immersed in cultural arts and nonstop activity? If so, Downtown Nashville may be the place for you. With condos designed to meet any need, a few of the most notable Downtown additions include:
- The Cumberland Penthouses, Nashville’s first high-rise residential building, was built in 1998 and features 33 penthouse condominiums above more than 250 apartment rentals. The 24-story building presents homes ranging from one to four bedrooms, each with panoramic views of the Downtown bustle. Street level retail and underground parking are two of the building’s amenities.
- The Viridian neighbors the Nashville Convention Center, the Ryman Auditorium and more. Characterized by 31 stories of luxury, the building was completed in 2006 and was named Project of the Year in 2007by the Urban Land Institute’s Atlanta District Council. Features include a rooftop pool, a clubroom lounge and bar perfect for entertaining, 24-hour concierge service and other standard offerings.
- The 20-story Encore building is found adjacent to the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, the Bridgestone Arena and the Hilton Nashville Downtown hotel, to name a few. At just a block south of Broadway, Encore is never far from the action of Nashville’s honky tonk district. Go two-steppin’ at Tootsies or grab a bite at the Melting Pot before heading home to bliss. Encore residents enjoy topnotch conveniences including 24-hour concierge service, a pool and sundeck outfitted with a lounge and grilling area, complimentary Internet service throughout the building, a gaming area and more. The media room with theater-style stadium seating is a bonus for homeowners at Encore.
While many more beautiful condo buildings decorate the Nashville landscape, including a plethora of suburban options, these few recent developments are redefining both the Nashville skyline and luxury living in our city. So what are you waiting for? Get your agent, and schedule a showing of these or any Music City marvels…