Go Green in 2010
As downtown Nashville’s first LEED-certified, green high rise, Terrazzo celebrates sustainable living practices. We’re kicking off the New Year with a new green routine, sharing tips and resources designed to help you green up your lifestyle.
Our Top 10 Green Resolutions:
1. Buy paper towels, bath tissue and other paper products that contain high levels of recycled content. Avoid brands that contain chlorine or additional dyes and pigments.
2. Become a label reader. Look for key words on labels and choose the least toxic product. Choose products made from plant-based materials, pick spray pumps over aerosols, and buy phosphate-free detergent.
3. Reduce water use to save money AND energy. Take shorter showers. Use cold water instead of hot to wash your clothes. Only run the dishwasher when it’s completely full.
4. Unplug electronics and chargers when not in use. They leak energy even when not in use. Better yet, get Smart Strips, which turn your electronics on/off automatically — the strips can pay for themselves in a matter of weeks.
5. Replace standard incandescent bulbs with new CFL bulbs. CFLs can last up to 10 times longer and use as little as 1/4 of the amount of energy of regular light bulbs. Make sure your light bulbs stay clean. Built up dust can reduce the effectiveness of the bulbs and cause you to use more energy.
6. Stop junk mail – it creates a lot of household garbage. Go online to remove your name from mailing lists: www.dmachoice.org
7. Buy rechargeable batteries for phones and other electronics.
8. Use environmentally friendly dry cleaners and reuse or recycle the hangers.
9. Receive bank statements and bills via email instead of on paper. Many frequent flyer programs offer additional points for choosing this option.
10. Buy products made with recycled content to “close the loop” on recycling.
Read about Terrazzo’s Green Features.
Condo Sale Update
1 BR homes begin at $200,000
$5,000 closing allowance for 1 BRs
$7,500 — $10,000** allowance for 2 BRs
Terrazzo continues to offer a selection of exclusive residences at auction pricing without the auction. All residences feature spacious floorplans with floor-to-ceiling windows, gourmet kitchens with Italian cabinetry and professional-grade appliances, bamboo floors, and superior amenities. Stop in for a tour of our furnished models!
**The $10,000 closing allowance ends January 31.